The Curriculum At Coronado Prep Preschool
Pre-reading skills (auditory and visual memory and discrimination, eye-hand coordination, left to right progression, form and letter recognition), basic reading skills, listening and verbal communication skills.
Observation, comparison and exploration of living things, and the environment.
Developmental experiences in pre-number concepts, size and shape relationships, number concepts and activities with numbers.
Creative processes that allow for choice, exploration and imagination using a wide variety of materials.
Role-playing, puppetry, dance, story dramatization and music activities.
Health and Safety
Body awareness, nutritional healthy habits and safety habits.
Children will gain knowledge and understanding of the Spanish language and cultures along with learning the basic skills of American Sign Language.
- 06:30 AM: Breakfast
- 08:00 AM: Morning Outside/Gross Motor
- 08:35 AM: Roll Call/ Teacher directed activities/ Diapering
- 09:05 AM: Morning Snack/ Clean up
- 09:25 AM: Circle Time (calendar, weather, songs, ASL, Spanish)
- 10:00 AM: Math, Writing, Manipulative Activities
- 11:00 AM: Table Games/ Learning Centers/ Science
- 11:45 AM: Clean up/ Diapering
- 12:00 PM: Lunch/ Clean up/ Story Time
- 12:50 PM: Rest Time
- 02:45 PM: Wake up/ Diapering/ Quiet Centers
- 03:05 PM: Afternoon Snack
- 03:25 PM: Afternoon Circle Time (Music & Dance)
- 04:00 PM: Afternoon Art/ Writing/ Table Games
- 04:45 PM: Afternoon Clean up/ Diapering
- 05:00 PM: Outside Time
- 05:30 PM: Cool Down/ Story Time
- 05:45 PM: Learning centers/ Prepare for pick up